Baking chocolate chip pumpkin muffins has been on my mind since my little adventure in Palisade. The last day, before heading home, we stopped at Main Street Bagels in Grand Junction. Good bagels are sadly hard to find in Colorado so the slight diversion from our route, was well worth it. I had to have a bagel, of course, which caused no regrets but my friend got a mega chocolate chip pumpkin muffin that was so delicious!
Though the muffin was super good, I knew I could make something similar at home. I have various pumpkin recipes but not a pumpkin muffin recipe so I went to my mom for a recipe. She did not have a specific one either but searched around for one she would use. The recipe is simple and delicious! I added a sugar mix topping to give it a little crunch which was exactly my favorite part of the muffin from Main Street Bagels!
They were so good warm out of the oven :D These are nothing special but they are a great afternoon snack or breakfast treat with coffee. Enjoy!
1 2/3 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 large eggs
1 cup pumpkin
1/2 cup butter (slightly melted)
1 cup chocolate chips
1 T sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
Notes: The topping recipe was double what I have listed but it ended up being way too much so the amount listed, should be plenty.
A few more chocolate chips could be added if you like a more chocolaty muffin :)
- Mix flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, lightly whisk eggs, pumpkin, and butter. Add the wet ingredients to the dry. Mix until just combined. Add chocolate chips.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg for topping.
- Grease a muffin tin. Evenly distribute the batter. Sprinkle the tops with the topping mixture.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes (if regular size muffin tin)
Music For Your Ears:
~What’s a Girl To Do by Bat For Lashes
More To Love: