Though extravagant cookies and desserts are great, a simple chocolate chip cookie can sometimes satisfy the chocolate craving even more. My favorite cookie to make has always been these chocolate white chocolate chip cookies because they turn out so perfectly chewy, chocolaty and delicious every time. However, my bias has been based from not having a chocolate chip cookie recipe that I love, but look no further, these cookies are better than any ordinary chocolate chip cookie.
These Chocolate Chip Stout Cookies are my new favorite recipe! I am not sure if it is just the addition of beer or the combination of that, espresso powder and increased brown sugar amount, but these cookies turn out great! Even more, as the Chocolate Stout by Samuel Smith is reduced, your kitchen is filled with a rich chocolaty smell that only taunts the senses more.
Having just one of these cookies is almost impossible. Every chewy bite makes you want just one more 😀
This recipe spun from a Beer Pretzel Oatmeal cookie recipe that I found a while back. Though I want to try these cookies sometime, I was just looking for a base chocolate chip beer cookie recipe:
Chocolate Chip Stout Cookies
~Roughly adapted from Cookies and Cups
1 cup butter
1-2 T chocolate stout (reduced from 1/2 cup)
1 1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 t espresso powder
1 t baking soda
1 t kosher salt
2 1/4 c flour
1 1/2 c chocolate chips
- Start by reducing beer. This will take anywhere from 30-50 minutes depending on stove and heat level. I like to keep it on low (electric stove) so that I can do other things while it is reducing. This will take almost 50 minutes but to speed things up, put it on medium heat. Make sure to watch it so that it does not foam up and overflow.
- Combine baking soda, salt, and flour in a bowl. Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar and espresso powder in an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs and reduced beer and mix again.
- Slowly add flour mixture until just combined. Do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop dough on a greased cookie sheet. Bake cookies at 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
Music For Your Ears:
~Here With Me by Susie Suh X Robot Koch
More To Love: