These three-cheese, perfectly grilled jalapeno poppers are a great addition to your next football or holiday party! The heat will vary depending on the jalapeno. That is where pairing them with beer comes in! 🙂
India Pale Ales are great for pairing with spicy foods so I would normally just find a good IPA to wash down the jalapeno poppers; however, the Habanero Sculpin was specifically recommended. Habanero peppers did not really come through in the aroma. It starts out tasting of the Sculpin IPA followed by a nice burn in the throat. Ballast Point describes it as “Our popular IPA, with a punch of heat”. The Habanero Sculpin is not a beer I can drink a ton of but I enjoyed it paired with the jalapeno poppers.
A friend made these jalapeno poppers for multiple parties and I found myself sneaking more than my fair share 😀 Finally I asked for the recipe! This jalapeno poppers recipe is easy to prepare and the filling can be made ahead of time. The cheese ratio is 1:1:1 making it easy to double. If you find yourself with extra filling, this would make a delicious spread for your bagel!
~Recipe from my friend
12-15 jalapenos (varies depending on jalapeno size)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan
1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
1/3 cup cream cheese
3 tablespoons green onion (about 3)
- Mix cheeses together. Make sure to set the cream cheese out for a little while before so that it is easier to work with.
- Slice tomatoes in half and squeeze out most of liquid. Dice them small. Note: I used grape tomatoes and diced them until it seemed like the right amount.
- Chop the green onion. Note: I believe I used about 3 onions but adjust as desired.
- Fold tomatoes and green onion into the cheese mix.
- Halve the jalapeños lengthwise and core out the membrane.
- Spread mixture into each jalapeno half.
- Grill until the bottoms start to char. It took about 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle cilantro on after they are grilled.
More To Love: