When I found out that someone (Fig & Quince) chose me for the Liebster Blog Award I was SO excited. When I first started blogging I felt like all the bloggers I stalked had this award on their page!! So immediately I knew this award was something to strive for and as a new blogger, getting these little encouragements is so helpful to keep the motivation going.
I started this blog for myself…as an outlet, a hobby…but if I didn’t have all of you followers I would have already given up. Writing without readers just wouldn’t be as much fun! :-)
So I first want to thank all my supportive followers and readers…I love all the comments!
Now here are the rules for the Liebster Blog Award:
1. Thank and link to the blogger who gave you the award. Thank you Fig & Quince!
2. Copy and paste the award in your post.
3. Pick 5 other blogs with less than 200 followers to award. Leave a comment on their blog to let them know about their nominations
There are many blogs that I check out on a regular basis and I like them all!!! But I have to narrow it down to 5 bloggers…and I chose to stick with food blogs.
1. Hollie’s Hobbies with her unique and intriguing recipes like cantaloupe and mint slaw or watermelon daiquiris :)
2. Things My Belly Likes caught me with her Mango Raspberry Cheesecake. This blog is so inviting and enjoyable.
3. Diary of a Chef’s Wife is exactly what the title says…the blog tells us about the unique and fun meals they enjoy together and fun food events in their area.
4. Bam’s Kitchen brings us delicious recipes inspired by her current location in Asia.
5. Food Safari may not be under 200 followers anymore but I have to recognize it with its lovely layout, awesome recipes, and tasty looking pictures!
Recently, while browsing other food blogs I came across a pasta post by Food Safari. It made me crave bow tie pasta and peas…hence the pictures :) Her recipe was much more fun with prosciutto, asparagus, and other fun ingredients.
I just put bow tie pasta and peas over a bed of baby romaine. Then topped it with some garlic chicken and feta cheese :-) It was a toss up between Parmesan and feta but I was also having a huge craving for feta cheese :D Oh, and I enjoyed it with a glass of white wine. Delicious!
~Ho Hey by the Lumineers