Awards and Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread (Gluten- and Dairy-free)!
I posted some tempting zucchini bread pictures a few weeks ago and promised a recipe :) My award response has also been delayed so I am now posting about two awards!!
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
Ingrid over at Live Laugh RV kindly acknowledged me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award! It was so nice to receive the award :) Ingrid blogs about her adventures as she travels around in her RV.
Thank and link back to the blogger that nominated you
List 7 things about yourself
1. I just moved! I am still in Denver though. It was not a far move :)
2. I love good Fish & Chips.
3. I have a tattoo of a lily.
4. If I could get a dog right now, I would get a lab-doodle or a golden-doodle (lol, I saw both today, they are so cute!!!)
5. My new phone has a green cover!
6. I’m cheering for the Broncos (sorry, Steeler fans!)
7. I am a champion (alright, my team won our volleyball tournament today so I am feeling special :) )
Pass it on to bloggers that inspire you
There are many more blogs that inspire me but it is hard to keep track of all the blogs I follow/visit!
Now back to this zucchini bread…my parents passed off a huge zucchini (oops, it was hidden!) to me so I chose to make some AMAZING zucchini bread :)
This recipe was cut out of a magazine and I unfortunately cannot remember which one. It is actually a zucchini muffin recipe but I like it as zucchini bread.
It is a simple and easy recipe. Putting it together doesn’t take much time at all…you must have an hour to an hour and a half to bake it though.
3 c. grated fresh zucchini
2/3 c. melted unsalted butter (DF, use sunflower oil or similar)
1 1/3 c. sugar
2 eggs, beaten
2 t vanilla
2 t baking soda
Pinch of salt
3 c. all purpose flour (GF, use GF flour mixture)
2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1 c. chocolate chips (optional)
What to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. In a large bowl combine the sugar, eggs and vanilla.
3. Add the grated zucchini and the melted butter or other substitution into the mixture. Sprinkle in the baking soda and salt and stir well.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
5. Combine the dry ingredients with the other ingredients. Fold in chocolate chips if desired.
6. Place mixture into a greased bread pan.
7. The bread will take about an hour to bake. I still check it a few times before then and then it may also take a little longer than an hour. Typically the outside is done within 45 minutes while the middle takes extra time.
This can be made gluten- and dairy-free. I substituted the melted butter with sunflower oil and used a gluten-free flour mix from Whole Foods. The flour mix had tapioca starch, rice flour, and potato starch. I had this on hand so I went ahead and used it but in the future I would make my own mix.
More awards, yipee! :D
Recently, I also received the Sunshine Award from Kat Collins. She is a fabulous writer and her blog is all about her writing experiences and she even gives writing tips.
If you are nominated you must include the link in a blog, linking to the person/blog that nominated you. You must answer some questions and nominate 10 fellow bloggers and link their blogs in your post. Let the people you have nominated know that you have nominated them!
Here are the questions:
1. Who is your favorite philosopher?
I do not have a favorite philosopher.
2. What is your favorite number?
3! Three! 33!
3. What is your favorite animal?
A seal. Or if we are speaking of domestic animals, dog.
4. What are your Facebook and Twitter?
I do not have facebook yet but my twitter can be found on the right column on my main page.
5. What is your favorite time of day?
6. What was your favorite vacation?
My favorite vacation was when I went to Germany for a month.
7. What is your favorite physical activity?
My favorite physical activity is volleyball. I also love yoga and doing other workouts.
8. What is your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
9. What is your favorite flower?
Lilies of course! :D
10. What is your passion?
My passion is volleyball. I love to play as much as possible.
My Ten Nominees:
For those from Colorado, this is a must see video if you haven’t already. And even those not from Colorado might enjoy this funny re-make of a Katy Perry song and video :)
You May Also Enjoy: