Birthdays continue to give even after the day is over…my man planned a picnic in the park for later in the week (yes I know my birthday was a month ago but I am finally getting around to this post!)
It was a simple picnic but very pleasant…we enjoyed some wine and snacks. We put crab dip over goat cheese on a cracker..it was so delicious!
Typically, I don’t post much about wine but this was a tasty red wine. My man picked it out…well probably a liquor store worker 😉 but we will give him credit.
As you can see, the wine is called Freak Show and has a very active label. It was kind of perfect he got this wine because during this time I was reading Water for Elephants. For those that don’t know this book it is all about the life of someone who spent many years with a circus.
Washington Park in Denver, Colorado is where I spend many days…usually playing volleyball and hanging out with friends. It is a very active park with runners, bikers, skaters, and lots of people playing volleyball, basketball, tennis, soccer, or Frisbee.
This evening, though, we just relaxed, sipped our wine and watched others be active 😉
Similar to birthdays, these blog awards continue to give…
Thank you to Bettina at I Want That Kangaroo! for her nomination. Bettina writes about her experiences in Australia and gives helpful information for anyone looking to travel there.
1. Thank the person who gave you the award and link back to their blog.
2. Choose fifteen blogs to nominate and let them know by leaving a comment.
3. Request that the chosen blogs pass on the award to their favourite fifteen.
4. Copy and paste the award on your blog post.
5. List seven things about yourself.
Here are all the bloggers I want to recognize…
1. Movin’ On
2. Gluten Free Zen
3. Feed the Piglet
4. Fig & Quince
5. Ichigo Shortcake
7. Susie Lindau’s Wild Ride **Colorado blogger**
8. some life and mostly imagination
9. The Hungry Mum
10. Keep Calm and Eat On
11. Filing Away Cupcakes
12. Books, cupcakes, and cats chasing chipmunks
14. Food for Fun
15. And They Cooked Happily Ever After
~Emmylou by First Aid Kit